Two more work days!
Thursday and Friday are it! Although my "official" retirement date is to be September 30, that falls on a Sunday this year, so Friday is going to be my last day at work for my current employer. As the time approaches, more and more people pop out of the woodwork asking, "How are you going to avoid boredom?" or "What are you gonna do with your time?" The fact is, I probably will have less unstructured time.
Monday, October 1, I'm going to resume my physical training regime. I need to drop a lot of weight, as well as increase my strength and endurance, in preparation for our planned life of full-time cruising.
Repairs to the house and the boats will consume a major portion of the winter, this year, and I need to start seriously searching for our cruising boat. That'll take up a big chunk of time.
In the unlikely event that I have some time to kill, I have my computers. I have a few ideas for new software and service offerings that might be marketable, and developing those ideas will require a significant time investment.
Finally, I just might toy with writing for publication.
All that, and I haven't yet even mentioned the possibility of taking on another regular job! Of course, if circumstances demand it, I wouldn't rule that out, but it's not in my plan.
Mariner
No comments:
Post a Comment