Monday, October 15, 2007

What Would You Say?

Yesterday I got, as did some of you, a forward from Uncle W, containing a pic of a young boy, being handed a folded American Flag, at what was obviously intended to portray a military funeral. The subject line was:

"WHAT CAN YOU SAY TO THIS KID????"

I know that printing something in all-caps equates to yelling on the Internet. I think that was intentional on Unc's part.  I certainly didn't make it all-caps.  It came that way.

I rarely perpetuate, or even respond to, stuff like that, but today I had the time and inclination. I know that many of you disagree vehemently with my political opinions, but hey, they're mine, and no one is forcing you to read them.

Anyway, for any who may be interested here's what I sent back to Unc:

What do you say?
You say... "Your Dad/Mom was a hero, even if the President isn't."

You say... "I'm sorry we couldn't stop this before it happened."

You say... "I can't even imagine the pain you/re suffering right now, but still I hurt for you."

You say... "All the Presidents horses and men won't bring him/her back, but I'll fight with my ballot and my voice to make sure that you and your brothers and sisters are cared for, and that no more American blood is shed for Big Oil."

You say... "Come one November, very soon now, I'll do my part to eliminate the cause of this, so that no more children will be bereft of a parent."

You say... "Pray with me, son, that we can succeed in cleansing our land of the evil men who now control our
Armed Forces, and send our men off to die, needlessly."
If we really felt that the people of Iraq were a threat to our national security, why didn't we nuke them, into oblivion? If you believe a man is trying to kill you, are you going to be content with beating him up? That's stupid! Once he recovers, he'll be after you harder than ever!

On the other hand, nukes would have destroyed the oil supply. Think about it.

Mariner

No comments:

Post a Comment