Well, here we are again. Thanksgiving day is over, the kids have all gone home, and so have those members of the extended family that had to come some distance to be with us. M&M couldn't be with us, and we missed them.
It was good to see T&D again. My sister looks great. She's a force of nature, and I love her. I wish they could have stayed longer, and that I'd had more energy while they were here. These family mega-events always take it out of me.
Li'l brother D looked healthier, though. Wish I could lose as much weight. Maybe then someday I could actually look good in a Speedo! Imagine that, Santa Claus in a Speedo!
Come to think of it, pretty much everybody who showed up seemed to be improving somewhat (comparatively speaking), healthwise. That's a good thing.
But more on topic: The food was great. No shortage of vegetables this year! In fact, there was plenty to take home. Two kinds of turkey, baked ham, pork roast, pot roast, and more. Corn and beans and carrots, and sweet potato, to start. Brother L brought the Brunswick Stew, and it was mahvelous!
There's a lot to be thankful for. I'm thankful for my health, my family, and the fact that I don't have to go into downtown Atlanta anymore - at least on any regular basis. My children are making their own way, however difficult, in their lives, and I'm thankful for that. My grandchildren will have an opportunity to improve on that, and I'm thankful for that. I'm thankful that we were able to secure the venue for this occasion, and that it enabled most of us to be together for the day.
I'm really thankful that most of the day passed without hard words or feelings that would prevent a repeat of the gathering. If everyone wants to, I hope we can do it again next year.
The thing I am most thankful for, aside from God's own mercy, is that he gave my my Honey, to have, to hold and to cherish: not to mention, to do the lion's share of work planning, preparing for, and executing the event. I love her with all my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment