Sunday, December 9, 2007

Christmas will be different...

... this year. No little ones to rush downstairs early on Christmas Day, raising all manner of ruckus. Everyone who previously spent their Christmas Eve and Day with us, has other plans this year. Not a bad thing, really, just different from what I'm used to.

I guess that, instead of the barely-contained chaos that we normally have, my Honey and I will try for a more sedate, romantic kind of Christmas. We haven't had one since early in our marriage.

We may travel some. She has family she'd like to visit briefly, and there are a couple of boats we might want to look at. Maybe we'll welcome the New Year from a warm beach, and have our midnight kiss under the stars, instead of fireworks.

Change is inevitable, but I have hope that the changes we are going to see will make our lives better. We don't need to grieve the passing of our little family traditions. They continue on in the homes and families of those we loosed on the world.

Still, there is a slight ache, and an empty place to fill...

No comments:

Post a Comment