Yesterday was different. My Honey has been wanting to go to the High Museum for months. There were three exhibits there that she really wanted to see, and one was about to close.
Now you'd think that, since the exhibit had been there for over three months already, nearly everyone who wanted to see it would have already done so. You'd also think that since we're members, and that's supposed to buy us preferential treatment of some kind, it wouldn't have been a big problem getting in, even without reservations. In both instances, you would've been wrong.
The line was long. I mean long! When we finally got to the front, there was a wait of about two hours to get to the impressionists exhibit, if you didn't have a reservation. Guess what? You can't make a reservation online or by phone on the same day! I know. We tried before we left the house.
Anyway, the crowd was smaller for the other exhibits, so we put our name in the pot for 4:00 PM and occupied ourselves with Louvre antiquities. One of the exhibits was stuff that the Empress Josephine had collected. The other was just general stuff that the Louvre sent along. It was all very interesting, but by the time we got into the queue for the impressionists, I was already drenched with sweat, and my back was killing me.
We did get to see the exhibit though, and my Honey was happy. I lived through it, so it could have been worse, and I got to see most of the statuary on the permanent exhibit. I like statuary, and there's some amazing stuff on display at the High.
Well, I gotta go. Fixing salmon chowder again tonight.
Caio.
No comments:
Post a Comment