Monday, May 18, 2009

#(*^!@)(*^&%# Cable!

I think there must be a company policy at Comcast against releasing a mailing address for the company. After I got mad enough about the last call to "Customer Service" that I reported here, I called again, and asked for a mailing address. The reply was "I don't have that information."

So I went to the Comcast website. Guess what? It isn't there either. So I went to their "Contact Us" page. It isn't there either. So I used their crappy web form to send them an email, telling them about the spazz-out over the cable modem, and asking for the address, so that I could send in my complaint in hardcopy, and get verification that they received it.

I told them that part of my request was to be that they send me a zero-balance statement, so that in the event of any future "misunderstanding," I would have evidence that they knew that I had settled the account. Instead of an address, I got back an email saying that the account had been credited with the cost of the modem, and that the outstanding balance was now only $1.41!

I looked at the paper bill, and saw that the balance was $1.41 greater than what they claimed was the charge for the modem, but there was no explanation for it. A balance of $1.41 is very low, but it isn't zero! So I pointed that out, in another email (I had an actual email address for them, by now!), and asked what the $1.41 charge was for. The reply to that one was, again, not an answer, but it did say that my balance was now $0, and that would be reflected on my next statement.

We'll see.

And I still don't have a mailing address for Comcast. If I ever have time to put into it though, I'm going to get it, and then I'll post it everywhere I can think of, so that anyone who needs to can write them a letter - Certified, Return Receipt Requested! Hmmm... I'll bet they have an address on file with the Secretary of State, since all corporations in Georgia have to register...

Mariner

No comments:

Post a Comment