You won't believe what happened yesterday... I got a bill from my old cable company! The dumbasses sent me a bill, claiming that I owed them for a cable modem!
The fact is, I've never had one of their cable modems. When I first signed up for cable-based broadband internet, the provider in this area was AT&T. At that time, they offered me the option of either purchasing or renting the modem. I chose to purchase, because even at $5.00 a month, it wouln't take long for me to have paid the full price of the modem anyway. Some time after Comcast bought the rights to distribute cable here, I had a lightning strike that zapped several pieces of electircal and electronic equipment, including the cable modem. It was toast, so I went to Circuit City, and bought a new one.
SO, at this point, I've bought and paid for two cable modems, I no longer have cable service, and the idiots are trying to bill me for a modem that they never provided!
I called their customer service number and spoke with a young fellow about the matter, but all he could do was enter my complaint into their system.
As if I didn't have enough reason to never want to deal with cable again...
Mariner
No comments:
Post a Comment